This is the mySociety cache of OS, ONS, and OSNI open data, first released 1st April 2010, as allowed under the licences (please read!). Thanks to them, data.gov.uk, and everyone else involved in releasing this data! :)
mySociety is run by a registered charity – please donate to help keep us going and to be able to do new things with all this data!
ONS Postcode Directory (ONSPD) May 2017 edition.
This includes current and terminated UK postcode locations, plus Crown dependencies.
Old ONSPD: February 2017, November 2016, May 2016, February 2016, November 2015, August 2015, November 2014, May 2014, November 2013, February 2012 thanks dvdoug, February 2011, August 2010, May 2010, November 2010.
- Boundary-Line May 2017.
This includes Great Britain administrative boundaries.
Old Boundary-Line: October 2016 (second release), October 2016 first release ("slight error" according to OS), May 2016, October 2015, May 2015, October 2014, May 2014, October 2013, May 2013, October 2012, May 2012, October 2011, May 2011, October 2010, (this included the draft forthcoming boundaries for the Scottish Parliament at the May 2011 election, and switches to the new ONS GSS codes), October 2009/May 2010 (this included the Parliamentary boundaries for the 2010 general election).
- OSNI Open Data boundaries December 2015, thanks h-lame. This includes current ward, electoral area, councils, Parliamentary/Assembly and NI outline boundaries.
- Code-Point Open February 2017. This includes current Great Britain postcodes. Old Code-Point Open: November 2016, August 2016, May 2016, November 2015, May 2015, February 2015, November 2014, August 2014, May 2014, November 2013, August 2013, February 2013, November 2012, May 2012, February 2012, November 2011, August 2011, May 2011, February 2011, November 2010, August 2010, May 2010, February 2010
- OS Open Names (January 2017)
- MiniScale (January 2017), January 2013, Launch edition
- OS Open Map – Local, vector (2.2Gb, October 2016)
- OS Open Roads (October 2016)
- OS Open Rivers (October 2016)
- 1:250k Scale Colour Raster (June 2016), June 2013, Launch edition
- GB Overview Maps (December 2014)
Whole GB (14.1Gb)
Sites & Products of ours that use OS data
- Mapit is our central public postcode and area lookup for all our services, including:
- WriteToThem — postcode lookup to administrative areas, for contacting your representative;
- FixMyStreet — postcode lookup, maps of your local area, boundaries to work out which council your report is in;
- TheyWorkForYou — postcode lookup to locate your MP.
OS datasets contain Ordnance Survey data © Crown copyright and database right. Code-Point Open contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and database right. Code-Point Open and ONSPD contains National Statistics data © Crown copyright and database right. OSNI datasets contain LPS Intellectual Property © Crown copyright and database right.
Data (except Northern Ireland (BT) postcodes) may be used under the terms of the Open Government Licence. For Northern Ireland data, a separate licence for commercial use is required direct from Land and Property Services. An End User licence (for internal business use only) will be issued by ONS with the data, which can be found at the ONS website. Use of the Northern Ireland data contained within the ONS postcode products constitutes acceptance of the NI licensing terms and conditions.
Thanks also to Bytemark for hosting.